IE6

zarobian 16:39 21 Sep 2006

On my friends computer,useing IE6, web pages are displaying pictures as red squares only. No matter where I go. I have reset all the IE6 internet options to default but no joy( Securiy, Privacy and Advanced).

He has AVG,Windows defender,Ad-Aware and Ccleaner installed.

Any idea where I should be looking? This has happened 3 days ago I therefore tried various Restore points without any success.

OS is WinXP Pro.

rdave13 16:47 21 Sep 2006

Have a read here click here

Stuartli 17:01 21 Sep 2006

Have you ticked the box for Show Pictures from IE's Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab?

zarobian 17:01 21 Sep 2006

Though I have a different problem to the ones mentioned in the link (Red X)but I shall give it a try and post back.

(I get Red Squares ie. no JPEG Pctures).

Thanks for your quick response.

Z

rdave13 17:05 21 Sep 2006

Oops, red squares not x's. Sorry.

zarobian 17:07 21 Sep 2006

No I have not checked that item. All that I have done to reset the Advanced to defaults values. I shall go back to the house to recheck the option to confirm that has been ticked. Thanks for the advce.

Shall post back.

Z

VoG II 17:10 21 Sep 2006
  zarobian 18:47 21 Sep 2006

I have checked the IE6 options. There is a check mark in the box against Show pictures. Also downloaded FireFox that is also exibit the same problem!!

So uninstalled FireFox again to please my friend.

Z

zarobian 18:48 21 Sep 2006

Thanks for the link, will follow the advice therin to-morrow.

Shall post back.

Z

zarobian 12:14 22 Sep 2006

I have followed the instructions and finally it is fixed.
The Reg entry CodePage value was incorrect. Setting to C_28591.NLS might have done the trick.

I should have made changes one by one to see the effect. It would have been then clear which one rectified the problem?

Any how thanks again. Problem solved.

'Z'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?