IE won't run

griffo 11:44 27 Dec 2007

Yesterday, I installed Kaspersky onto one of my PC's (XP) and now IE7 won't run. It starts to load and the page begins to open, then it disappears. I managed to get onto a Microsoft site (can't remember how now!) and that appeared to be OK until I clicked on any tab, then that closed as well.

I thought I would try System Restore but that closes whilst trying to open as well!

Any ideas what I can try please?

birdface 12:02 27 Dec 2007

Shut Kaspersky down.Then see if it works ok then.If so you will need to go into the firewall and configure I/E to run.

birdface 12:04 27 Dec 2007

Try this thread.Last click here.And then the last part.click here

griffo 12:10 27 Dec 2007

thanks for the reply - tried that, no change unfortunately.

griffo 13:08 27 Dec 2007

I have gone into Kaspersky and it's allowed me to connect to their website but as soon as I click on anything, it closes.

I have also found that my networking to/from this PC isn't working whilst Kaspersky is running??

birdface 14:23 27 Dec 2007

Have you not tried shutting kaspersky down completely to see if anything works then. Or uninstall kaspersky, Run C Cleaner then reinstall it.

griffo 14:24 27 Dec 2007

Deleted Kaspersky and now IE & System Restore are working.

antony492 14:33 27 Dec 2007

Hi there.
I wondered if you went onto Internet Properties to see if you could change any thing there. Go to Tools on the Internet then Internet Options. Make sure eveything is good here particually the Connection tab. Also go to Control Panel, Network and Internet Connections, then Network Connection. Make sure the "Local Area Connection" is connected. Right-click to do this.
I hope i was able to help.
Good Luck.

Doctor

birdface 14:36 27 Dec 2007

If you want to put it back on again Run C Cleaner first.If it is a free trial and you do not want to reinstall it there are plenty of freebies about or if you want to pay.Nod 32 has a good reputation.

griffo 14:46 27 Dec 2007

thanks for the suggestions, will let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?