IE toolbar

Molly_Don 18:50 25 Dec 2008

I have a new laptop the toolbar has just 4 icons on it, I've tried to download and install IE toolbar from microsoft and although it's installed no icons have appeared.

I want icons like MSN email etc,etc.

I prefer to have IE toolbar, any help please?

Technotiger 19:08 25 Dec 2008

In Internet Explorer click on View>Toolbars and click on Customize, you will then be able to add any of the shown buttons that you want.

kindly 19:09 25 Dec 2008

I think if you go to the TOOLS link on the bar you can add more icons from there. Hope that helps you.

Molly_Don 19:20 25 Dec 2008

Thanks so far, but under view>toolbar I don't see customise, I clicked on menu bar and now I've lost file> edit> view etc, etc,

Technotiger 19:20 25 Dec 2008

Hmm, sorry, I was thinking of Firefox.

In Internet Explorer, click on View>Toolbars and then click on Unlock the toolbars. Then you can click on any of the toolbars shown, ie MSN. Also under View>Explorer you can add Favourites and History.

Don't forget to click on Lock Toolbars when finished.

Technotiger 19:23 25 Dec 2008

Right-click on the top bar and you can click on Menu Bar to get the items back. As I said when done don't forget to click on Lock Toolbars under View>Toolbars.

Molly_Don 19:35 25 Dec 2008

Tech, sorry about this, I'm not getting it

I've done what you said view > toolbar > unlock toolbar, where do I find the icons to add, I've looked under customize and tried to add nothings happening.

birdface 19:48 25 Dec 2008

Right click top toolbar.make sure menu bar is ticked.Then customize command bar.dd remove Commands.Any you want to show move them from the left box into the right box.

birdface 19:51 25 Dec 2008

Or maybe unlock the toolbars and you should see a broken line left click the line and drag it to the left or right or up or down whichever.Once you have the Icons showing lock the toolbars again.

Molly_Don 20:27 25 Dec 2008

well I think I've done it right, but heres wha I have, nowhere near as many icons to choose from, and those I've added are still not showing on the toolbar.

Not sure what else to do, sorry for wasting anyones time.

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Molly_Don 20:30 25 Dec 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie