IE takes ages to load up

timone 16:23 23 Jan 2005

I was wondering whether anybody could help me out, ive brought a laptop at the end of september, and everything has been running fine, until recently i was infected with adware. This was detected and deleted by bt anti-spy. But ever since it was deleted the internet explorer browser takes an age to load up each time i click it. it makes clicking on links a nightmare when surfing the net. I tried to perform a system restore, but this only caused problems. And then downloaded the microsoft updates, but this stopped my whole system from loading up. Eventually i was able to restore the system back to where IE just is really really slow.

Has anbody got any advise, or is my only option to buy a reload cd for my system?

johnnyrocker 16:33 23 Jan 2005

i would not rely on bt system to sort your poss adware probs, what anti spyware do you have yourself? what is your os and type of connection?

johnny

Diodorus Siculus 16:33 23 Jan 2005

Are you blessed with a Tiny.com laptop?

Try a repair of IE: click here

timone 16:40 23 Jan 2005

ive got a time computer, they are the same arent they?

timone 16:44 23 Jan 2005

os is xp, internet conection is 10mb lan, although am currently using bt broadband

timone 17:26 23 Jan 2005

tried the ie repair, but it says that i need the service pack2, but that was what seemed to mess up the computer in the first place!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?