IE & OE Not finding email addresses

BazzaHawkeye 15:04 01 Jul 2004

I am getting this response from OE. "The host 'mail.hawk-consultancy.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'hawk-consultancy.co.uk', Server: 'mail.hawk-consultancy.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D". This is only happening when I try to connect via my ADSL router. If I dial up using Tiscali, having reconfigured the dialup details, I can access my email. It also happens with with web mail and my web site click here. I can access my other email addresses and web site easily. All the addresses are hosted by Easyspace but thay are not the problem. I use BTYahoo to connect to the net etc.
I have not changed any settings and this has only recently started to happen. If I log onto Tiscali and find the email addresses, I can then disconnect and my ADSL router will then find them until I switch the system off. Next time, no response!! Can anyone help?

BazzaHawkeye 15:06 01 Jul 2004

My OS is XP and I use Norton Internet Security Firewall and Anti-virus. No viruses found on the system. Latest XP udates installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?