IE not working

roberta2 21:14 10 Jul 2009

My IE is not working on my desktop pc which is running windows xp.I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. Can anybody help.Also when my broadband is on my phone isn't working"why"?

Sea Urchin 21:27 10 Jul 2009

Need more details about IE not working - just what is happening when you try and use it? And which browser is it - IE6 7 or 8

And sounds like it might be connected to your other problem - are you using your filters in all phone points?

roberta2 21:40 10 Jul 2009

Browser is IE7. Message is IE cannot connect to internet. I have had a lot of advice on how to fix this problem but none of it has worked.

woodchip 21:53 10 Jul 2009

Do a search for IE.inf then when found double click it

roberta2 19:41 11 Jul 2009

I don't know what to do when I double click IE.inf.

Sea Urchin 19:50 11 Jul 2009

How to repair IE - scroll down the page and you will find out amongst other things how to use IE.inf

click here

rdave13 19:51 11 Jul 2009

Sounds like a microfilter is degrading or dead. Try disconnecting everything to your phone sockets and try connecting again with one microfilter. Reconnect everything a stage at a time untill you get to the problem filter.

roberta2 20:30 12 Jul 2009

I had the computer in shop they reinstalled windows xp and IE was working. when I got home IE wasn't working.I can't download IE8 or anything else. I also tried to reset IE it didn't work.I have one new filter and nothing else connected to phoneline. I can't find windows\inf folder.

woodchip 23:03 12 Jul 2009

You do not need to look for folder. Just type in Run IE.inf then look for the file to double click on. Look for one thats not in the I386 folder to double click as I386 will be older version

roberta2 22:30 17 Jul 2009

Sorry been away for few days. Typed IE.inf couldn't find file, maybe I should get someone in to help me. thanks to all who tried to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017