IE Hijacked by 'uptodatesecurity.net' trojan.

Lerm 14:22 05 Oct 2006

How do I get rid of it, folks?

I ran my PC in Safe Mode, ran SmitFraudFix, then ran Ewido and Spybot (with up-to-date definitions) and SpyBot said it had zapped Zlob.Trojan, which I understand is the culprit.

Took hours and hours to scan. Rebooted and when opening IE taken right back to 'uptodatesecurity' page.

Is there ANY WAY to remove this without the false promise of all the Spyware Blasters that say they will, you download them, they do a scan, recognize infections, and THEN inform you you need to purchase the whole product to remove the offending items.

I know there is no such thing as a free lunch, but that's almost as annoying as the Trojan fakery itself!

Please, help, HOW CAN I GET RID OF IT without having to spend £20/$40 to do so???

Help much appreciated.

VoG II 14:24 05 Oct 2006

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

yaesu 14:32 05 Oct 2006

Hi, there are a couple of suggestions here click here might help, good luck, yaesu

Lerm 17:05 05 Oct 2006

Think I've resoloved it. Downloaded Trojan Remover 30-day free trial and it found Zlob.Trojan and renamed it and now I use IE and my Homepage isn't hijacked. Thanks for input, all. I'm assuming it is still on my system but harmless? Will keep my fingers crossed problem is solved.

Maybe when I did SmitFraudFix and spyware/trojan software run in Safe Mode, I should have disabled System Restore before it all and then rebooted? Anyway, seems to be okay, now. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?