ie encountered problem needs to shut down

greyballs 10:25 27 Feb 2010

this message seems to be getting more frequent.if i click on the X on the message box IE keeps running,but when i later restart a message reads
"go to your home page....or restart your last session any ideas would be great. i am running windows vista ,IE8

gengiscant 15:35 27 Feb 2010

This may sort it.click here

birdface 06:55 28 Feb 2010

If you have the Google Toolbar downloaded you have to remove it.

greyballs 17:26 28 Feb 2010

hi guys been working all day,thanks for your replys
buteman not sure what you mean,do i have to uninstall and reinstall the google toolbar ?

birdface 20:26 28 Feb 2010

This is from another thread with the same sort of problem.
Near the end is when they bring up the google Toolbar problem.
It may not be your problem but worth a read.

click here

greyballs 21:36 28 Feb 2010

thanks buteman,(i reckoned to look for a similar thread before i posted) will have another look tomorrow but it looks like the same problem.

rdave13 00:21 01 Mar 2010

The less third party toolbars you have on IE the faster it runs.

greyballs 17:46 01 Mar 2010

thanks for that guys had a look at the links,but perhaps as rdave13 suggests i might be just overloaded. bt yahoo home page google bar,bing bar,pc bar etc... ?

birdface 09:41 03 Mar 2010

Looks like I have the same problem now.
A little box comes up saying Internet Explorer problem.Then it will scan to see if it can find the problem.Then you have to close the box and it runs normally.
[go to your home page....or restart your last session] I keep getting that and have done for the last couple of months.]
Tried a reset a few times and it did not make any difference. So looks like we may have to put up with it.
Using W/7 and I have no additional toolbars on this computer.
If it is some sort of bug Microsoft do not seem to be in a hurry to fix it as there have been folk looking for solutions for over a year now.

birdface 10:46 03 Mar 2010

Looked up my event viewer and the problem has something to do with Ntdll.Dll and have had a quick Google for the problem but found nothing for a quick fix.
Gave sfc /scannow a run but it did not seem to find anything.
I have always got Firefox to fall back on if it gets any worse but I will keep trying.

provider 2 16:10 03 Mar 2010

Looks as if this will be a difficult one to fix, there being so many possible causes: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache