ie doesn't start?

lelole76 07:53 29 Aug 2007

Hi
I recently added some of the programs recommended by Skidzy in his safe and clean computers thread, and since then - not all the time, but enough to be annoying - internet explorer will not open.

When I click to open it it looks like nothing is happening. However when I look in the processes part of task manager there will be an Iexplore process running. Nothing happens though. Trying to open Iexplore again just opens more processes. Before I realised this was happening I managed to open several.

On reboot the computer brings up the end rpogram message for every instance.
I am on XP sp2, and have downloaded ZA, AVG, Spyware blaster, spyware terminator (running real time) and spybot sd (running real time)and adaware, and I have also run ccleaner and run the registry and temp files cleaner.

Thanks for your help.

HCOOH 09:13 29 Aug 2007

If running IE6 you could try to repair IE. Search for ie.inf using the search tool then right click on ie.inf and choose install. You will get a message next time you go to open IE, choose yes.

T0SH 09:33 29 Aug 2007

Try using the XP system restore back to a date before you made any changes and or additions (if restoring does not help it can be undone)

Cheers HC

lelole76 15:00 29 Aug 2007

Hi
System restore seems to have worked, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)