IE does not find WMP7.1

Cesare 11:19 16 Oct 2006

Windows98; IE does not find Windows Media Player7.1 and when I click to see MSN Video it asks me to install WMP10. Win98 cannot take WMP version10.I have reinstalled a new version of WMP7, but it made no difference. Any ideas please?

birdface 12:00 16 Oct 2006

I noticed you can still download Windows Media player 7.1 from Microsoft.So I take it they must still support it.I know recently they stopped support for a few things on Win 98, But i dont know if this was one of them,I am sure someone out there will be able to help you with your problem, A very good site this for getting help, Good luck.

birdface 22:52 16 Oct 2006

Just a thought, I presume that you downloaded all the codec Upgrades to go with it, If not maybe worth a look.

Cesare 07:49 17 Oct 2006

Yes I did but still no luck. I am now thinking that the reason that Internet Explorer keeps asking me to download the WMP 10, is because the video on their web site can only be seen with a higher version of win Media player than what I have. But I could be wrong,

birdface 11:07 17 Oct 2006

Cesare,I Have had WMP10+WMP11, And none of them will play Video's,I think you have to Download and pay for a Video Decoder before they work,Might be better moving on to some other program,And getting rid WMP.If you go to your main home page Address bar,And type in K-Lite Codec pack, Make sure you open the right one, And try that,It opens up Windows Media Classic,And will play your DVD,S,Works for me .

johnnyrocker 11:21 17 Oct 2006

try vlc player, it can play anything click here

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?