IE cannot display the website...

Winxx 14:19 26 Dec 2006

I keep getting an error while trying to access any website, that IE could not open the page, i can get onto MSN and it sais im connected in the task bar, i don't get it, it was all working fine earlier... now no webpages will display!?

PS. im using wireless internet, and im posting this message from my other PC.

Ex plorer 14:44 26 Dec 2006

Have you tried opening a page from Favorites.

Winxx 14:52 26 Dec 2006

yeh i got an error message il try to upload now.. what site can i upload a pic to that requires no registration??

alexgray104 14:57 26 Dec 2006

I sometimes get this happen with My wireless netowrk, If I'm already connected I can still talk to people on MSN etc but IE won't load any webpages. The problem usually recitfies itself if i unplug the router for 2 mins then plug it in again and let it reboot itself. When this problem happens I can still view webpages on the desktop which is connected via Ethernet cable, so I don't know what happens, thats just what I do.

Hope this helps abit,

Alex

Winxx 14:58 26 Dec 2006

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

im on mozilla firefox and it works fine, but my IE still displays that error message...

i took the screenshot when it failed to display MSN today...

Winxx 15:19 26 Dec 2006

click here

heres that pic again because the other link doesnt work.

Winxx 15:23 26 Dec 2006

ive removed IE from the system, tried downloading IE6 again and it sais cant install as its detected a higher version already installed??

can someone supply a link to IE that i can download and install...?????

Winxx 16:10 26 Dec 2006

bump. maybe if someone knows how to remove IE, because the laptop is telling me its still installed when it isnt because i just removed it, and all the icons are gone...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017