IE address bar.

diogenes 21:35 22 Apr 2006

Until recently all I had to do was type an address into the above, hit return and hey presto.

Over the last day or so it has ceased to work - Am I able to restore the facility and if so how?

System Restore is turned off becausae in the past its use has caused problems with NAV.

Thank you for your help.

VoG II 21:47 22 Apr 2006

click here

Line 383 right hand column click here

You would be better off ditching Norton (and installing AVG) than disabling System Restore - a very bad idea I'm afraid.

Diodorus Siculus 21:47 22 Apr 2006

click here
Try to repair IE

diogenes 21:30 24 Apr 2006

Thanks for your suggestions.

I appreciate what you have said about Norton but old habits die hard!

I'll try your suggestion VoG and then move onto those of DS.

If I type in the http:// all is serene. It could be my brain turning to mush but I cannot remember having typed it before. I rather thought that Windows or whatever assumed that one meant to type that part of the address. Is there a box or something in IE Options that needs to be ticked or something?

Cheers, Diogenes ["a dismal young man from Sinope on the Euxine" - If I remember rightly]

anskyber 21:49 24 Apr 2006

Hm. Well time to ditch your old habits. Following all sorts of trouble with Norton my rather aged Father disposed of that programme and now uses the free AVG, now a happy man.

skidzy 22:19 24 Apr 2006

Got to agree with the rest....Forget Norton,and go for AVG free version av and Zonealarm firewall,these both work well together and can be found here click here

Im sure most forum members will agree about Norton,its a system hungry resource.

In respect of trying to repair IE you could try this
click here
Download the trial registry optimiser version,once downloaded,goto the advanced tools and under Repair Internet Explorer tick all boxes and optimise.
This may help your cause.

Dont forget to keep System restore turned on,if not you may regret it in the long run.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?