IE 8 opening

heepster 12:03 14 Jun 2010

When I open a new page it opens a very small window. Is there a way to make it open larger windows Thanks. Using xp sp3

rawprawn 12:06 14 Jun 2010

Open it fully, then close it using "File then Exit"

heepster 12:09 14 Jun 2010

Thanks rawprawn, but is there a setting on IE 8 that automatically opens it large?
I have never encountered this problem before and havent changed anything to cause this.

lotvic 12:16 14 Jun 2010

Do as rawprawn has said, that 'registers' the size for it to open up in next time.

birdface 13:29 14 Jun 2010

Did it work .If not there is a different setting if you use W/7 that worked for me when no other setting would.

heepster 22:27 14 Jun 2010

No it didnt work, still opens small windows in IE8.

birdface 23:33 14 Jun 2010

Firstly you can try and right click the I/E icon. properties.And make sure normal window is in the dropdown bar.

Or open a new page and remove all other pages then drag to the proper size and shut it down using the red X.It should reopen in normal size if not try this.

Last one that worked for me.

Open only one ie8 window, on the upper bar of the window right click it and choose size, resize the window to the size you want then go to file menu and choose exit.

birdface 23:41 14 Jun 2010

Hi this is the thread where I got the fix from it was the 2nd bottom one but maybe one of the others may also work for you.

click here

heepster 19:45 15 Jun 2010

Thanks all. but still the same problem. Maybe I will download and re-install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017