IE 8 not working

ciokhan 08:39 09 Aug 2010

i'm using windows XP and Internet Explorer 8! maaaaan! i don't understand it! it seems the higher the version of a program the more sh!tty it becomes! IE 6 was working fine on my computer. but since i installed IE 7 and 8 it takes like 5 minutes to display a single god damned webpage! and no it's definetely not because of my connection to internet! i have 6 mbps every other program related to internet is working fine except this god damned browser! i have tried Google Chrome as well - another browser.. it works fast like IE 6 used to run. i don't have to wait 5 minutes for a webpage.. but the annoying thing about chorme is that i can't access its options! i can't delete the cookies, i can't set security levels etc! What the... is going on with this world! is the end coming in 2012 ?! will someone *PLEASE* help me find a normal browser on this planet?!

birdface 09:48 09 Aug 2010

make sure compatibility view is ticked under tools.And check your add-ons as IE8 sometimes disables some of them.
Also some of them say enabled but the folder is empty and you have to download them again.
Make sure you have the latest versions of flash and java installed and remove the old ones.

Chris_Byers 10:01 09 Aug 2010

What spec is your computer? If you started by runnign IE 6 (the malware industries best friend) then it may be that your computer may not have enough 'grunt' to make it work in a timely fashion. I've had a look on Microsofts web site for you, but the minimum system specs for IE8 are stangely missing (IE7 is listed and can be found here: click here

More RAM and faster hard drives and a processor upgrade can sort out the problem, but if you have an older system that is maxed out then perhaps you should try an alternative browser such as Firefox or Chrome?

ciokhan 10:05 09 Aug 2010

ok i installed firefox and it works good so far. no need for further replies

birdface 10:08 09 Aug 2010

Thats good.
Tick the box and press resolved that saves others from looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?