IE 8 Beta RCA 1

rawprawn 17:45 30 Jan 2009

I keep getting a message the Internet Explorer has stopped working, everything seems OK if I just continue.
I have tried disabling addons but it seems to make no difference.
Anyone any ideas?

MAT ALAN 17:47 30 Jan 2009

It may be just a glitch in IE8 itself, it is still in beta so it may be something that needs ironing out in later versions...

rawprawn 17:47 30 Jan 2009

Shoud read RC1

rawprawn 17:48 30 Jan 2009

Thanks MAT ALAN, do you have the same problem?

MAT ALAN 17:54 30 Jan 2009

Sorry NO, i haven't used any version of explorer since firefox was a pup....

Still an XP man for the moment, it does everything ineed it to do very well so no plans to change..

gonna have a look for ya tho see if this issue is known...

MAT ALAN 17:58 30 Jan 2009

click here

thread suggests its related to software conflict which is bound to happen in beta versions, it does suggest some progs to look at that at this time might be the source of the issue...

rawprawn 18:17 30 Jan 2009

Thanks for the link, I will work my way through it tomorrow but as you say I think it is just a gltch in the beta version.

MAT ALAN 18:22 30 Jan 2009

Doesn't seem to be much documentd in that respect, i'll look in tomorrow see how you are doing,good luck...

rawprawn 18:50 30 Jan 2009

Thanks, I am being pushed by my wife tonight, thats why I said I would look tomorrow.
RP

rawprawn 09:03 31 Jan 2009

I have had a read and although I have the usual addins my Flash it is the lates version, the others I have are all seem to make no difference if I disable them.
I have scanned for malware and I am clean.
I run Kaspersky and SAS.
It hasn't had a problem so far this morning, but I'm sure it will later in the day.

birdface 10:00 31 Jan 2009

I get it all the time since downloading IE8.It never closes down just the message to send report to Microsoft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017