IE 7 Problems.

bellababy 15:00 18 Sep 2006

I downloaded the new IE 7 and installed it, what a mess couldn't get anything out of it. To be on the safe side I did a system restore and was able with this to get back my old IE 6 version which with all it's faults at least is allowing me to send this. Has anyone else used Internet Explorer 7 and have they had problems with it?
It sure didn't work for me.
I did by the way select the right one for my operating system, and it is a genuine version.

anskyber 15:06 18 Sep 2006

No problems here. Did you download IE7 RC1 or an earlier Beta?

bellababy 15:16 18 Sep 2006

I haven't a clue sorry. I did use DAP to download, just had a look at the history in there which has now disappeared since I did a system restore to get out of the mess IE 7 had got me into.

anskyber 15:32 18 Sep 2006

This is the place to download it. click here Create a system restore point as a precaution first.

bellababy 15:36 18 Sep 2006

That's where I started last time. As I said I used DAP to download, I wonder if this could cause a problem.

anskyber 15:40 18 Sep 2006

I cannot help you there I am afraid. I do not use any download managers. Can you disable it and do a "manual" download?

rawprawn 15:47 18 Sep 2006

no problems here either, perhaps the best way would be to redownload using anskyber's link and then reinstall. also if you need to uninstall IE 7 RC 1 you should do it using Add or remove programs in Control Panel.I shouldn't think your download manager would cause the problem, but as suggested you could try and disable it

bellababy 15:51 18 Sep 2006

Just had another look at that link.I've a problem when selecting system.

It's is a choice betwen W' XP sevice pack 2 (SP2)

Or W' XP Pro x64 edition.

I have W' XP Pro (SP2)

Do you know what this Prox 64 edition is?

Last time I'm sure I selected the W' XP sevice pack 2 (SP2)

bellababy 15:53 18 Sep 2006

Should read Do you know what this Pro x 64 edition is?

anskyber 15:57 18 Sep 2006

Its a 64 bit edition. Not many people have that version. I have XP SP2. If you want to know exactly what you have run the Belarc Advisor in my link above.

anskyber 16:00 18 Sep 2006

According to this click here it should be OK with XP Pro since the download is on the Pro page. To be accurate I have XP Media Center which is XP pro with bits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?