IE 7 freezes on launch

funkey_monkey 19:43 17 Nov 2006

Hi,

I've recently installed IE7 on my Dell Dimension 5150 (running XP Pro SP2).

It worked fine for about 1 week and now it will not launch properly. The GUI pops up but the home page doesn't launch nor does it divert to any url I type into the address bar - it seems to ignore all key strokes.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong.

I know that recently I have started getting a messge upon startup about:-
Smartbridge Alerts: MotiveSB.exe - Entry Point not found
'The procedure entry pointGetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL

Could this be related and how also do I solve this problem? I think MotiveSB.exe is related to the NTL broadband medic toll - which I don't ever use. So, I'm not sure how it got corrupted or modified.

Any help greatly appreciated.

FM.

birdface 19:48 17 Nov 2006

No That is a minor problem,You can either keep deleting it, Or you can stop it, Dont have the details at the moment , But will try get them for you, It is usually a NTL, Or BT Problem,

birdface 19:50 17 Nov 2006

Sorry just realised that you are with NTL, They are working on that problem at the moment, And should have it solved shortly, Mind you they said that about 3 weeks ago.

funkey_monkey 19:57 17 Nov 2006

Cheers and thanks for the reply. How will i know when it is sorted - wll I need to do something or will they automatically farm out the solution when I connect the 'net?

FM.

birdface 20:02 17 Nov 2006

Just keep looking at the ntl homepage, It is a nuisance, But you can stop it,Will find the solution for you,But with a bit of luck ,one of the others will beat me to it,That should not stop your home page from working properly, That I cant help you with,

Technotiger 20:41 17 Nov 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?