IE 7 favourites problem

kimtrnc 13:51 11 Nov 2006

Since installing the full version of IE7, my favourites are arranged in alphabetic order, instead of the way i organised them for my own choice. I am unable to move entries either in the main listing, or in the"organise" option. I'm sure it is somwething simple I have missed. anyone help my ignorance, please?
TIA
Kim

kspatto 14:31 11 Nov 2006

Hi

try this link I am sure there will be some advice to cover your problem
click here

try the community link or a search of microsofts websites will probably kick up something
best of luck

birdface 17:52 11 Nov 2006

I moved most of mine to-day with no problems.

birdface 17:58 11 Nov 2006

I presume that you cannot left click the little Icons and move them up or down.

kimtrnc 05:17 12 Nov 2006

Hi Guys ( or Ladies!)Looked at the IE help site, as advised. Lots of bookmark managers, but all want to sort alphabetically. I want them in my own order, which is essentially most frequently used. When I try to move entries, I can see the outline moving, but as soon as I let go, it goes back to alpha position - almost as though IE were locked. I can sort history in this way, but not favourites. Maybe should just go back to IE6!

jimmer409® 07:36 12 Nov 2006

try this, right click your top folder in favorites than click sort by name, this should put everything back in true alpha order, now close and reopen ie7, try to arrange your favorites as desired. hope this works for you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?