Evening all, After my earlier problems at the weekend with IE 7, which 'anskyber' kindly helped me with. I decided that it was time to try again. This time, instead of letting MS Update use the Express setup, I choose to Custom install, this identified several updates that were missing from my system, including one which mentioned that it was required to prevent Http error codes in IE 7. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact KB number. IE 7 is now up and running, and at present working fine. The moral being if at first........ Just thought this might be of some minor interest to others.
Must say while I think IE7 is slow to get going, the interface is easier to use and the tab functionality is a bonus. I have installed it on both my desktop and laptop with no issues. Sadly the desktop has an issue tonight that has completely baffled me but otherwise I think IE7 is a good step forward from 6.
Envening 'anskyber' I have now found the KB number it is KB904942. Whether or not this was the missing link, I am not sure. I also installed the NET Framework 1 & 2 software and updates. IE 7 has had a short test this evening, but I will soon be made aware of any problems when the home management start to use the machine!