IE 7 & Activex Controls

WRS 21:03 19 Nov 2006

I run W/XP And have just upgraded to IE 7. Now when I enter O/Express I get the message :' One or more Activex Controls could not be displayed because either 1) your current security settings prohibit running Activex Controls onthis page or 2)you have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result this may not display correctly' I am mystified and unable to remove this message. Have tried removing and reinstalling IE7, no success. Help.

anskyber 22:08 19 Nov 2006

Did you see a yellow bar across the top of the window? If you think the site is safe then it is OK to allow the Active X component.

MicroSoft say
"Microsoft ActiveX Opt-InInternet Explorer 7 disables all ActiveX controls which were not used in Internet Explorer 6. When users encounter an ActiveX control for the first time, they will see a gold bar asking if they want to use the control. Users can then selectively allow or prevent running the control. Note: By default, the ActiveX Opt-in does not apply to Intranet and Trusted Site zones; new controls on those zones, along with a list of preapproved controls, also run without prompting."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone