IE 6 & outlook express Not Working.

joethebow 22:54 16 Aug 2004

I click on either outlook express or IE 6 on my task bar and I get the following message: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

I click on IE6 or OE in the start menu and I get the Cyclic Redundancy Message followed by: The item you sellected is unavailable. It might have been Moved, Renamed or Deleted. Do you want to remove it from the list.

I'm using XP on BT Broadband. So far I have tried:

Running Spyware remover.

Running AVG, found a Trojan Downloader and removed it.

Deleting IE6 & OE and reinstalling them.

Doing a system restore.

Tried Safe Mode.

Nothing worked. I can access the internet using lots of other programmes, I'm writing this in Opera which I downloaded from Earth Station 5.

Short of doing a complete reinstallation of XP does anyone have any ideas.

It happened sudenly. It was working fine. I turned the PC off. Connected my LAN. Moved a few files to my XBox. Turned the PC off. Disconnected the LAN. Turned it back on and then this happened.

Any Ideas?

User-312386 22:56 16 Aug 2004

go to start>run

Now type sfc /scannow (note space between sfc and /)

have the XP disc to hand, if you dont have an XP disc then it will run OK

joethebow 23:33 16 Aug 2004

Tried that, it asked for the disc and ran for 20 minutes. Sometime during the run I got the "It might have been moved, etc" box up. Unfortunatly the problem persists.

Any other ideas?

joethebow 23:33 16 Aug 2004

Tried that, it asked for the disc and ran for 20 minutes. Sometime during the run I got the "It might have been moved, etc" box up. Unfortunatly the problem persists.

Any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?