Idiots guide to setting a wireless adapter

davies36 22:07 14 Jun 2008

I have recent purchased a wireless router for my PC and a wireless usb adapter for my laptopand need help setting it up.

I think I have all the cables set up correctly but I am unable to connect to the internet via both the laptop and pc. I think it must be something to do with the configurations but I have not a clue when it comes to these things.

I used to have a dial up connection i used for the laptop and i'm not sure how to change this. The adapter recognises that there is a wireless adapter and connection but it wont connect to internet, please help

chub_tor 22:11 14 Jun 2008

Microsoft Guide click here

davies36 22:25 14 Jun 2008

All the lights come on on the router and i have been on the routers configuration site and have done what th manufacturer says to do. But still no internet on the PC.
In regards to the laptop. The adapter is recognises that there is a wireless connection available ut still cant get on to the internet on that either.

its a tp link tl-wr641 router and tp link usb adapter

I am really stuck

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:56 14 Jun 2008

1. connect BB enable telephone cable to your router and ethernet cable from Wlan port on router to your PC lan connetion.

2. IE - properties - connections tab - Lan settings - tick automatically detect settings click OK

3. tick never dial a connection - click ok

4. connect to the routers setup pages Linksys

click here username admin password admin

5. Video of set up for a linksys router click here

put in your ISP username and password to beable to connect to the web.

once you can connect via cale then move onto the wireless next.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?