Identify a keyboard key please.

  Meshuga 11:43 12 Feb 2006

On my keyboard, to the right of the space bar, there are 4 keys. The third one to the right of the space bar has a symbol that I can`t identify and when pressed appears to do nothing in relation to the window I have open. It is the one to the left of the ctrl button. What is the purpose of the button referred to please.vvvvvvv

  Jackcoms 11:45 12 Feb 2006

Try pressing it when IE is running ;-)

  Gongoozler 11:45 12 Feb 2006

On mine it appears to bring up the context menu for whatever window is open, similar to right clicking the mouse.

  Fellsider 11:50 12 Feb 2006

Mine does the same as Gongoozler's

  SG Atlantis® 11:52 12 Feb 2006

yes it's like clicking the right mouse button, bringing up a context menu. Even works on the desktop like when you right click an empty space.

does that help?

  Meshuga 11:57 12 Feb 2006

Thanks to you all, yes it does as you have said, like right clicking the mouse. Never having used it, I was puzzled as to its purpose. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017