Identification of Motherboards!!

spuds 11:41 11 Jan 2011

I have acquired some motherboards, and in the main indemnifications hasn't been to bad, but I have a least one that I seem to be going in circles about. Is there a method or reliable website that would help?.

The particular motherboard that is causing confusion, as googling seems to lead or backtrack on dubious information.

The M/B details?. Canada 15-k-10-011000 which seems to suggest ESC RS485M-M (but it isn't). SIS964L is another direction reference, plus 2SF2/661FX REV:1.1 and Canada ices - 003?.

This M/B as a Celeron CPU fitted.

Any help or information would be very much appreciated.

Graphicool1 12:49 11 Jan 2011

click here
For your 'SIS964L'

GaT7 12:56 11 Jan 2011

Graphicool1, unfortunately SIS964L is only the chipset name.

spuds, have you connected it up & running an Windows OS? If yes, it may be possible to determine with the help of SIW click here (free version lower down) or Everest click here.

If not, try CPU=Z click here, & click on the motherboard tab after running it. G

spuds 13:07 11 Jan 2011

Thanks for the link, I have had a quick look , but I do not seem to be able to find anything yet on SIS964L. I will have a further look later.

spuds 13:25 11 Jan 2011

Its not connected yet. Has I said earlier, I have just acquired a number of various motherboards, some with CPU's that have come out of previous 'working' but now de-commissioned computers.

This particular motherboard seems to be leading me in circles as to the actual model and specifications. Looked at a few websites, that Google found, but the photographs do not match?.

With the Celeron fitted, I am wondering what memory it requires. I have been offered some PC3200/PC4200?.

With regards to SIW, Everest, Aida32,PC Wizard 2010 etc, I have sometimes found on some motherboard checking that 'motherboard unknown' seems to be the answer. But if I do set this m/b, I will definitely run a check.

GaT7 13:45 11 Jan 2011

That looks like a P4 S478/AMD S462(*) motherboard, so most likely DDR/DDR1: PC3200 / PC2700 / PC2100.

Please be aware that PC3200/PC4200 RAM also comes in DDR2 spec. So though it should really be termed PC2-3200 & PC2-4200, not everyone follows this terminology.

(*)Btw, the SIS964L chipset appears to be used in an AMD S462 motherboard (e.g. click here), so are you sure the CPU is a Celeron (Intel)?

If the software tools cannot tell, another idea when you're in Windows is to visit Crucial click here & run their system scanner. G

GaT7 14:03 11 Jan 2011

OK, just found that SIS964L (as a Southbridge chipset) can also be present in an Intel motherboard - see this thread in another forum click here & it can also be an Intel S775 motherboard like click here.

Either way, the RAM should still be DDR/DDR1. And the socket type can be determined by the sSpec code engraved on the Celeron CPU - this code is 5-characters long & usually present on the 3rd (?) line. Knowing the socket type will help in narrowing it down a little bit. G

spuds 14:16 11 Jan 2011

The link that you have provided seems to have come up with a very near match to the board that I am looking at, and trying to seek information about. All the parts seem to be in the same or very similar place?.

Regarding the Celeron, I haven't had a real look, but I was informed that it was an Intel Celeron 2.6/128/400. I will have to slap my wrist and remove the cooler etc thats fitted, and see if the cpu is marked. Possibly I should have done this earlier?.

What actual memory would you suggest for this m/b, as I have a 'bargain price' option deal for later today?.

spuds 14:21 11 Jan 2011

Looks as though my slow typing and distractions, delayed my responses :O))

I will look at the information shortly (two dogs and some other animals wanting their dinners). Thank you for you perseverance.

spuds 14:27 11 Jan 2011

The second m/b link is not the correct model, but the first link is very much like it.

I will check the cpu forum, after I have fed the animals, they are panicking :O(

GaT7 14:57 11 Jan 2011

Right, so it's not a S775.

Intel Celeron 2.6/128/400 would most likely be a S478 like click here - so sSpec: SL6W5 / SL6VV / SL7D6 (to be confirmed by you).

If you can confirm it's a S478 indeed, I'm going to hazard a guess & say it's one of these two: ECS SF2/661FX click here / ECS 661FX-M click here. The 'Deluxe' in the name or rev numbers won't change anything with respect to RAM compatibility.

Also, if it's from an Acer T310 (as one of those links suggest), their specs seems to match up pretty well too click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?