Idea's for raising money?

Internetwhizzkid 00:36 27 Dec 2006

Hi,
This may seem the wrong place to ask but. Does anyone know of any good ideas in which i can raise money to buy a lcd television.

Please bare in mind I am only 15 and i have physical disabilities. Reasonable ideas will be great

Thanks
Ben

wolfie3000 05:34 27 Dec 2006

Well depending on the disability you could always wash a few neighbours cars for cash,
Although that might take some time to raise the money for a tv.

I myself am physically disabled so i can understand about hard work, but doing a few odd jobs for the family and neighbours should be ok,

Also if you get an allowance from your parents save it and be as tight fisted as possible.

You might have some stuff around your house you no longer use so you could flog it in the local newspaper.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:07 27 Dec 2006

Offer to scan family photos (from your own relatives and neighbours) and charge a reasonable fee say £20 for 100. Put them on a CD and charge £5 for extra copies ;-)) You can buy decent CD cases for 10/£1 and you could print a relevant inner for them to make the disc look more professional and justify your fee....Joe and Ethels' family past.

Selling tips.....
main selling point to fire at customers is that old photos will fade and you should protect your family history or you will be taken to Hell, for eternity, to be poked and prodded by imps,
you can sell extra copies (at ONLY £5 each disc) to other members of the family and mail abroad to distant relatives,
do the job QUICKLY and get them to recommend you to neighbours and friends etc.,
have a maximum of 100 photos per disc so that they have to pay another £20 (negotiable) for more ;-)),
offer to SLIGHTLY tart up any badly faded/knackered pics for £5 per photo,
call yourself something like 'Unfaded Memories' and rattle off some business cards pronto.
work through the night if necessary as you will get more orders if people think you are quick

Go for a plasma TV as they are now much better than LCDs which are becoming increasingly girly.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone