IDE Channel?

ImAFlump 18:49 27 Aug 2006

Can other than via BIOS and Device Manager, is there any oher way to enable an IDE channel?

Currently my BIOSshows that my secondary channel has been disabled and therefore my system is not picking up the DVD drive that's attached to it. With it being a laptop, the BIOS is really basic and doesn't give any options to enable the secondary channel. I've looked at every single option within BIOS, and nothing exists to enable or auto-detect teh channel.

In Device Manager within Windows XP, I've checked the secondary channel andit confirms that it's enabled and working fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks dudes.

Si > : )

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:55 27 Aug 2006

TRy resetting the BIOS to default settings by either removing CMOS battery for 10 minutes or iffitted opertaing the cmos clear jumper on the motherboard.

ImAFlump 19:00 27 Aug 2006

Heya Fruit Bat,

With it being a laptop, I have no eye deer how to begin tweaking the jumper on the motherboard. If it were a tower/desktop unit, I'd know - is it a similar kinda thing?

It's linked to my ongoing "lack of DVD drive" saga...previously it didn't even recognise or register a secondary IDE channel. Now it's saying the it's there, but disabled.

Si > : )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?