ICONS KEEP FLASHING

User-C537C34B-9BDA-4A42-98089F7C4480917B 22:56 06 Nov 2004

All my icons, both in Explorer and on the desktop, keep flashing (refreshing?). This only happens when Explorer is open, and only started a few days ago. I'm right up to date with virus checker etc. Any ideas?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:29 06 Nov 2004

What version of Windows are you using? Have you changed and settings or loaded any new programs lately?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:11 07 Nov 2004

Not sure if you mean your icons are flashing in position or flashing and moving around. If latter check out -
[email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

I am running Windows XP SP2, Quick Heal visur protection, Zone Alarm firewall, plus Spybot, Adaware and PestPatrol.

The icons are just 'flashing', not moving. It only happens when I open Explorer, and only then when I go to My Computer. On about a half second interval, the icons keep appearing to refresh.

I have tried crx1600's registry fix, but to no avail. All I have done lately is installed SP2 (but that was a couple of weeks ago and this only just started hapening)and installing BT Broadband over the last few days.

I'd be grateful for any more ideas.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:57 08 Dec 2004

This any help?

click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:21 19 Dec 2004

Any help?

Fraid not - but thanks for the suggestion. Strangely, I find that using 2xExplorer instead of Windows Explorer eliminates the flashing, although it doesn't solve the underlying problem. Its irritating, but I'm working around it.

VoG II 13:48 19 Dec 2004

Try increasing the size of the icon cache click here

I increased the icon cache size to 2000, but still no change.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:09 29 Dec 2004

click here
Variety of things regarding icons

Thanks again JaßîsFaß. Unfortunately, same again regarding the max cache size - I've now set it to 2048 but still no change. I would have thought it significant that this only happens when I click on My Computer in Explorer. if I click on anything else, there's no problem. If I use 2x Explorer, no problem. What could be so different about clicking on My Computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?