Icons on desktop have gone strange pink and green

erkmatrix 10:15 11 Oct 2007

Having problem after problem with this new computer, it kept crashing, blue screen, mouse cursor freezing, on games would just crash and restart itself. So it went back and the manufacturer said it had been tested and nothing was found, so they said they would rebuild it, only it got returned yesterday and with 3 mins had crashed again and does exactly the same thing. Which made me think maybe its the mouse or keyboard I am using, both are USB, the mouse being a Logitech 400 high performance corded laser mouse and the keyboard is an ultra flat Labtec corded.

I thought it maybe the drivers of the mouse and keyboard are conflicted somehow with my new PC, so have this morning got the 32bit driver software of setpoint from Logitech and downloaded this keyboard software from Labtec.

Now here's the weird thing, Labtec software told me to restart my PC, only it crashed with all my desktop icons disapeared. I restarted my PC and when they came back they had returned but some of them mainly the left hand 1st row side icons had turned different colours and shapes like they were currupt also network connections icon in my control panel had turned like this. Did a system restore to before I put on the Labtec and logitech software drivers but they are still these weird colours the icons. I managed to right click on the ones on my desktop and change them back to what they are meant to be but can't find how to change network connections icon back as it doesn't have that option to change icon when I right click it.

Why has it done this does anyone know and is there a way of changing my network connections icon.

Cheers

erkmatrix 15:17 11 Oct 2007

No it still crashes with the new drivers. Am trying now a ps2 connection mouse and keyboard of my brothers and hasn't crashed yet but hasn't been on long with it. Still sounds weird if it usb connection thats causing it to crash

Does anyone know what the problem is with my icons though, could it be a virus from the labtec software.exe. I made a screen grab so you can see what I mean more.

click here

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone