Icons changed on desktop and quick launch bar

Sapins 18:39 28 Oct 2006

I came back to the computer after a couple of hours and found that all the icons in the quick launch bar and 6 of them on the desktop, I have another 11, have changed to a square with a blue bar at the top with 3 stars and a Black arrow in the bottom left hand corner. Not knowing what had happened I used system restore but the only point for today was a entry that said Windows Defender checkpoint, that would not work so I went back to yesterday to a Software Distribution Service 2.0 point (what is this by the way?)which restored the computer but the 6 icons on the desktop remain changed and Windows Explorer on the quick launch bar remains changed.

I am running XP Home + SP2, Windows Defender, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spywareblaster, and Avast virus scanner. Why have the icons changed, seemingly of their own accord?

Sapins 18:41 28 Oct 2006

Just remembered I installed the small programme to prevent IE 7 being installed yesterday!

anskyber 18:46 28 Oct 2006

I cannot answer your specific point but you could run Tweak UI and use the icon repair function. click here

Sapins 19:00 28 Oct 2006

Hi,

I have found out how to change the icons back via properties/change icon, but, I am puzzled how they changed in the first place.

Sapins 22:07 28 Oct 2006

Might as well tick this now as no one seems to know the answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?