Icon In taskbar ?????

giosblue 14:01 26 Dec 2006

An Icon has apeared in my taskbar. Its a mine that flashes into an exclaimation mark. It tells me the I may have critical system errors.

It I open it up it trys to sell me a virurs/spyware program to sort it out.

I already have MacFee and the blueyoner spybot software. they say everything is ok.

How do I get ride of this from my taskbar?

Hope someone can help, it starting to get on my pips a bit>

thms 14:06 26 Dec 2006

A bit more info needed. What is the progam it is refering to? This will enable others to try and find a solution for you.

Try downloading cc cleaner from
click here

Jomi 14:09 26 Dec 2006

Go to Start/run and type msconfig click on the start tab and see if you can stop it from starting up. If it's there you can also find the path to where the file is located so you can delete it manually.
After that try using HIJACKTHIS and then go to click here and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps,

John

thms 14:13 26 Dec 2006

Also try this
click here
my mate used it with success to clear out his nephews computer. Wont go into what was on though.

Lets just say if his mother found out he'd never be near a computer again.

terryf 14:15 26 Dec 2006

You could consider going to click here but you have to use IE browser, it doesn't work with FF, free online scan that ends up with a report that you save then delete the nasties manually, also goes on (as you would expect) to try to flog panda av but having said that the whole process is benign and safe

giosblue 14:16 26 Dec 2006

Hi Thanks. I'm running thr CC at the moment.

It doesent refer to any particular program. When I click on it it just trys to sell me something called virurs buster.

The message says that system has detected virus activities and that I should run antivirus and spyware programs to fix it.

giosblue 14:19 26 Dec 2006

Hi Jomi

I've tried the msconfig nothing doing, its still there. Even tried turning everything off.

thms 14:25 26 Dec 2006
  Probabilitydrive 14:52 26 Dec 2006

It might be a trojan, further info click here

giosblue 14:56 26 Dec 2006

Brilliant! worked a treat.

How come I'm paying for Mcafee (which did.nt work) and this is free?

I might even make a donation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?