icon boxes?

birddog 19:18 16 Apr 2009

I run windows xp and just recently for some unknown reason, instead of the titles I have on my desktop icons[eg. paint] being transparent[see through] they are now on a coloured box, I can still read the titles but I cannot get rid of these boxes which can be white,blue or black.Can you help?
please,
b'dog

grey george 21:05 16 Apr 2009

If right click the desktop a menu should appear. Select properties and then the appearance tab. I think there is set to default option, does this reset your icons? It will also reset other changes you have made to personalise your desktop.

ambra4 21:22 16 Apr 2009

Right click My Computer on the desktop – Properties – Advanced Tab – in the Performance section click

Setting Button - Select “Adjust for best Performance“

At the bottom of display Select – “Use drop shadows for Icon Labels on the desktop”

Click Apply - OK

NewestRoyWidd1 00:04 17 Apr 2009

You could also try this click here was directed to it by another forum member in the last few days and find it's simple to use,it lets you use whatever colours you choose for the text-box background,and the actual text.

Technotiger 07:31 17 Apr 2009

I think this is the link NewestRoyWidd1 was trying to give you ...

click here

NewestRoyWidd1 14:53 17 Apr 2009

Thanks Technotiger.birddog;the link you need is the one from rdave13,hope it helps you.

birddog 19:25 23 Apr 2009

I use 'keepvid' to down;oad clips from 'youtube' but it has stopped working for some reason. any ideas?[please]
regards,
b'dog

Procrastinus 20:24 23 Apr 2009

ambra4 has the answer. I had this problem some time ago and this is is the solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?