ibm thinkpad t22

jon111 13:10 09 Jul 2009

hi i have i ibm t22 the screen has gone off but you can still just make out the display works ok with external monitor i have tried 2 second hand inverters in which i presumed the fault was but no change any help much appreciated

Taff™ 13:38 09 Jul 2009

It`s not the inverter, probably the backlight.

jon111 13:44 09 Jul 2009

ok thanx is this part of the lcd or separate

Taff™ 18:05 09 Jul 2009

Separate item. Looks like a miniature fluorescent tube. Have a look on e-bay like click here but I`m sure you can source in the UK.

T0SH 20:48 09 Jul 2009

It is no simple matter to replace the LCD backlight, your best solutions may be to buy a replacement LCD panel or a complete working top section with the same size screen as yours for the IBM T20,21,22,or 23 will all fit, shop around on e-bay for the best deal and pay by pay pal for best buyer protection

You can download service manuals from the lenovo site

click here

Cheers HC

T0SH 20:59 09 Jul 2009

Ops sorry that was the wrong link get the hardware maintainance manual from here

click here

Cheers HC

jon111 23:48 09 Jul 2009

thanx for info but i have now resolved it i have a old ibm 340 it works fine i have removed the inverter which is different but the plugs are the same and presto back light works i bought these two inverters from ebay one was listed as tested!!!!! i wont be making that mistake again thanx again for all your help much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires