IBM Thinkpad 560x Video drivers / Window size

Postit 14:39 08 Nov 2009

Hi all,
I've got an old thinkpad 560x that I'm having a play with to see what I can do with it as a 2nd machine for surfing the net and basic stuff.
It had NT4 on it so I've just loaded Win 98 on it in the hope that I can make use of the USB port if needed.

Problem I've got is that when windows boots, it only occupies abou 3/4 of the screen. I assume its some problem with the driver. Dispaly properties won't allow a change of the resolution or anything else.
the IBM/Lenovo support site seems to suggest no driver is available for 95/98.
All the web sites promising video drivers just want to download whole driver scan programs rather tan offering what they say they do !

Any ideas pls?

ArrGee 15:07 08 Nov 2009

There seems to be a fair few 95/98 drivers on the Lenovo site, have you been there?

click here

Postit 16:56 08 Nov 2009

Very strange, when I went striaght to the site from a google serach, it showed pretty much the same list but under video, it showed n/a for Win98.

Anyways thanks for that I'll try loading these ones.

Postit 17:09 08 Nov 2009

ah, just noticed they are not for the 560X - only 560 and 560E.

And also just noticed that the 560X site does have another win98 driver shown further down the list.

So apologies - just me jumping in without reading the article completely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?