IBM 23738GT T42 notebook ThinkPad

Stonechatz 20:57 17 Sep 2007

I have found very little technical info on this model, but my one lacks a soundcard, and also an ethernet adapter. Is there any way that I could somehow instal these?

brundle 21:12 17 Sep 2007

Does it have card slots? PCMCIA cards can do what you require.

Stonechatz 21:18 17 Sep 2007

It has a pcmcia card slot yes, but seeing as it comes equipped with a LAN connection, mic and phones jacks - should not these elements be already available on the m/board?

brundle 21:19 17 Sep 2007

Oh you mean drivers..I did wonder after seeing the IBM page. Downloads And Drivers click here

interzone55 21:44 17 Sep 2007

Are you sure there's no ethernet adaptor, these have been standard on Thinkpads for many years, would seem a bit daft to leave one out seeing as they're aimed mainly at business customers.

You'll normally find it at the back next to the modem

click here for full specifications

Stonechatz 14:50 18 Sep 2007

I have used Belarc Advisor to give me the technical specifications of my ThinkPad T42 - it says NO Multimedia Detected; NO Ethernet Detected; and it does not specify any independent VGA graphics card. I downlaoded all the latest driver suite from IBM as directed above, but no change. The T42's motherboard seems to be an IBM 23738GT - which when searched for over the internet, reveals very little technical information at all. There still exists a network connection hole for a lan lead, and a microphone and headphones socket - so how this motherboard lacks the hardware around which the chassis has been built, I am not sure!

brundle 16:30 18 Sep 2007

Are the devices disabled in BIOS?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 18 Sep 2007

Look in the start menu for the HP tools program, you should be able to configure LAN and sound card there.

dfh 19:37 18 Sep 2007

On our lenovo c3000 200, we have a program called PC Doctor for Windows which can be used to check the state of various parts on your machine, Do you have something like that on yours?
Other than that try here click here

dfh 19:47 18 Sep 2007

Correction to above post, its a Lenovo 3000 C200 model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?