iaStor.sys

Peachy boy 14:26 19 Aug 2007

Hi today i rebooted my pc and deleted the partion on my hard drive so I could install a genuine widows xp copy I got the xp disc from a second fujitsu sienens pc in the house i installed windows and resarted my pc. When it came to a black screen with boot to windows xp home or setup windows I went to setup windows and it started copying files to the hdd after a few seconds it said fcannot find dile iaStor.sys
does anyone know what that is or how I can fix the problem. Thanks Alan

brundle 14:27 19 Aug 2007
  brundle 14:30 19 Aug 2007

Read this for instructions;
click here

brundle 14:32 19 Aug 2007

Sorry, thats too involved. Click and download tha IAA package, extract the files to a floppy disk, when you start your PC and boot from the XP CD, hit F6 when you see the prompt (Hit F6 to load drivers) - put the floppy in and the setup program will get the iastor.sys from there.

Peachy boy 14:37 19 Aug 2007

Unfortunatly I dont have a floppy drive is there any other storage I can use?

brundle 14:41 19 Aug 2007

It's longwinded compared to sticking a single disk in but you can create a custom XP CD using Nlite - click here

Ignore all the optional stuff, just add the folder containing the drivers at the appropriate point in Nlite configuration.

Peachy boy 15:54 19 Aug 2007

Do I just need to boot the pc from the disc and reinstall windows?

brundle 18:15 19 Aug 2007

After installing Nlite and creating a new XP disc.

Burn the resulting modified XP .iso file to a CD (ImgBurn is good; click here)and it will work exactly the same way as your original XP CD.

Recommend a CDRW in case you need more than one attempt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone