I wish to revert back to firefox 2

julius44 00:27 18 Jun 2008

Hello there, i've just downloaded firefox 3, but i'm having serious problems using the web, as pages are not laoded, and i cannot seem to click on any links, also it mentioned as i was installing it, that some of m previous add-ons would no longer be compatible. So i wish to revert BACK to firefox 2, pls is there a straight forward way to do this pls..i do not wanna go down the system resore route on my pc....as it tends to mess up my pc(i've done that for other things in the past on my pc!!)....I'm using IE7 in the meantime, which i hardly ever use. All i wanna do is revert back to Firefox 2 pls, ASAP!!! thanksa

Sea Urchin 00:38 18 Jun 2008

I would just uninstall FF3 in Add/Remove - run CCleaner to remove any remains, and then reinstall FF2 from here

click here

julius44 08:15 18 Jun 2008

Thanks so much for that sea urchin....ive used revo uninstaller to remove FF3 and i've reinstlled FF2, so thanks loadz. I think after this slightly nasty experience, i'll stick with FF2 till at least the END OF THE YEAR until all issues are resolved.

cheers

birdface 09:24 18 Jun 2008

Just as a matter of interest.Did you remove Firefox2 before Downloading version 3 or did you download over the top of version 2.Just in case someone comes up with the same problem.

gazzaho 19:11 18 Jun 2008

I installed FF3 over FF2 with no problems other than losing add-ons due to compatibility, then decided to un-install it until the add-ons I use are upgraded to work and re-installed FF2 without problems. I didn't clean anything and everything seems to be working fine.

I just thought I'd share my experience with installing and un-installing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?