I wish to delete URL history from address menu

wishtobwireless 21:19 05 Nov 2006

I wondered if someone could help me with this. I looked under search in this forum and followed the advice of Internet options, content, autocomplete, clear forms (which didn't work for me). Then downloaded CCleaner and ran that, but this hasn't worked either. I would be grateful for any assistance. I am using XP (if that matters?) Thank you

Technotiger 21:37 05 Nov 2006

Hi, in Internet Explorer go to Tools>InternetOptions and then go to Clear History, clear the number of days to Zero and then click on Clear History.

wishtobwireless 21:44 05 Nov 2006

I have just tried that, but that doesn't work either!

Technotiger 08:01 06 Nov 2006

Hi, after following my instructions above, did you then click on Apply and OK at the bottom of the Internet Options window? I did not mention that on my first response.

I cannot think of any other reason why it did not work for you.

Cheers

wishtobwireless 08:18 06 Nov 2006

Just tried it again and Apply is in light grey! but pressed OK - didn't work... ugh

Technotiger 08:36 06 Nov 2006

Right - let's try again -

1st ... In IE Tools>Internet Options click on Delete Cookies and then on Delete Files.

Next ... on the History Section, reduce No. of Days to Zero ... then Click on Clear History. (You should get a window pop-up asking you if you are sure you want to clear history - click on Yes.) Then click on Apply and OK.

If it still does not clear your URL history, I don't know what else to suggest, other than that you should run RegScrub

click here

and then try all the above again.

Cheers.

Hillwood 11:11 06 Nov 2006

Go to Tools then Browser Options - General where you will see History and Clear URLs. This should remove your Search.
Hillman

Technotiger 13:24 06 Nov 2006

Hi, what version IE are you using?

Hillwood 14:23 06 Nov 2006

Technotiger

Explorer 6 but the browser option to which I refer was when using BT Yahoo.

wishtobwireless 18:03 06 Nov 2006

Thanks for all your help. I tried the delete cookies, files and zeroed history etc but this still didn't work as apply is light grey!.. Then ran regscrub as your suggestion it found 343 problems but I don't know how to sort these 343 problems out or even what they are? Hillwood your suggestion worked thanks. Now I am worried bout these 343 problems do I need to be? Got worried bout pressing any buttons on the regscrub?
Cheers Dawn

Technotiger 18:58 06 Nov 2006

Hi, just let RegScrub do it's job. Don't worry, there is a roll-back feature built-in if you had any problems afterwards. I have never had problems after using RegScrub, I use it regularly, 'cos there are always some faults found. Just let it Fix the lot.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?