i want a webcam for about 100 pounds which one

ROB.R 12:02 31 Jul 2005

i am thinking about the logitec sphere is it any good and does the picture jerk to much ? help please. any others i can look at

Kate B 13:22 31 Jul 2005

That's a big budget for a webcam! For that dosh you could have an Apple iSight, which looks beautiful. Having done a Google search you can apparently use it with Windows - I think it needs a 6-pin firewire port, though.

Audeal 14:35 31 Jul 2005

The picture Jerking you refer to in not caused by the webcam but by the speed of your internet connection. If you have a fast connection then the picture will be updated faster and the Jerking will be less noticeable.

I paid £40 for my Webcam and it is a good cam but the jerking is very noticeable, so I need a faster connection to reduce it.

I do not think you will benefit from an expensive Webcam.

Pooke 14:39 31 Jul 2005

Neither do I, one around £30 to £40 would be top notch. Whats your internet connection like?

Stuartli 14:51 31 Jul 2005

I use a £15 D-Link NetEasy 350 Pro from click here

Its specification, including a proper CCD rather than CMOS sensor, is exactly the same as a £49 Creative VideoBlaster Webcam Plus I gave my son. In fact I run it from the Creative's software.

Magik ®© 15:02 31 Jul 2005

logitech pro 4000, about £70 ish, built in mic, and tracking..........works ace......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?