I want to start again with my new PC!!

Patientedd 15:36 01 Dec 2006

I recently got a new PC and in the space of a week I have manged to do what I promised not to. It is a bit of a mess and now I want to start again. I have an XP Pro MCE 2005 os.

The main problem is I seemed to have made the mistake of installing all the programs that came with my PC, and most of them seem to do what the other does. One of them seems to be conflicting with the MCE, the main reason I got my PC was to use the MCE with my Xbox360.

Basically what is the best thing to do, I'm open to suggestions, shall I just delete the programs or re-install (not keen on the latter)? I understand that when you delete programs they are still kind of there and I don't want that, I want to start with a fresh canvas! Also I have just got Acronis True Image 10, but no external HD just yet, will that help me in any way?

VoG II 15:40 01 Dec 2006

If you just uninstall the programs that you don't want, the space they take up on your hard drive won't be wiped but will be freed-up so they won't be taking up any room. I would go for that option then run click here to remove any bits left over.

anskyber 15:41 01 Dec 2006

Just go and uninstall using add/remove programs.
clean out with something like regscrub click here or many use C Cleaner.

Patientedd 16:32 01 Dec 2006

Thought it might be best. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?