I want to rid PC of Yahoo...

Hunky 09:35 28 Sep 2004

All was well with my PC 'till I downloaded Yahoo. It was still fine 'till I defraged my system...nothing but trouble since.It must be Yahoo(not compatible with my PC), as I defrag on a regular basis.I decided to rid PC of Yahoo in every way possible,but to no avail.It keeps popping up here & there....bits & pieces of it anyway.Will anyone be kind enough to tell me how to get rid of it all, once & for all,Please?P.S.My PC may be at fault,I still want rid of Yahoo please.

johnnyrocker 09:44 28 Sep 2004

try and explain a bit more fully please, like what operating system you have and is it yahoo mail,toolbar,messenger you are trying to get rid of.

johnny.

Hunky 10:09 28 Sep 2004

Hi Johnny,I'm using win98SE. What I downloaded originally was Launch Music Videos...which went fairly well.I needed Yahoo for this.Then I downloaded messenger,(Yahoo were just bugging me to do so)...so I did for a bit of peace.Then it was time to download Mail, again I did.All was still OK (except for a small prob.with broadband).As I usually defrag regularly, I did,& that was the start of my troubles.The sound on LAUNCH now is like an echo sometimes,sometimes like a tinny loudspeaker & so on.Interestingly enough,when I leave the video portion of whatever I'm watching off,all is well.Also I have no other sound problems at all...CDs etc. all playing well.Even songs on HD.Soooo?

Strawballs 11:12 28 Sep 2004

click here Download this program and use it to remove all traces of Yahoo from the registry

Hunky 11:49 28 Sep 2004

Thanks a lot mate.....worked a treat & so easy to use too.....Hunky.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?