I want to retrieve photos from a dead iPod

rosiekate96 16:17 14 Jun 2015

Hey. So basically a few weeks back I dropped my iPod in liquid. I panicked and didn't follow the correct procedures. I left it on for a few minutes in which time it was clearly totally fried or whatever and event though I left it in rice for days after that it is completely dead. I accept that, I have a new one now and everything but I really don't want to lose the stuff that was on there. Photos, specifically.

My understanding is that iPod short circuited and that's why it's dead. But I can't imagine the hard drive or whatever would be scrambled and the data is still there, fine, just unreachable by most computer software because it won't connect/turn on/be recognised when connected to my PC via USB.

Right? So I know it's there. And I'm assuming it is accessible somehow. I mean people can do extraordinary things where recovering data from dead computers is concerned.

My question is, does anyone know of any software or anything that can be done to retrieve photos from my iPod, without needing to be recognised by the computer? Also please don't mention iCloud/iTunes backups, I've been there done that and the recent files were never backed up.

Thank you!

rdave13 16:39 14 Jun 2015

Not familiar with iPods. I know some are small and some are bigger. If the big type you might be able to get at the hard drive and remove it. Find a caddy/connector for your PC. Whether a Windows PC can see the jpegs in an Apple drive is another thing. It might be easier using a Mac?

Have a look at this anyway, click here, might give you some ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?