I want to replace my dvd player in my laptop

madalex24 12:25 04 Aug 2008

HI Guys

I have a Packard Bell Easynote SJ051 and i want to replace the dvd drive as it is broken. Can anyone tell me how to replace it, myself.

Alex

oldbeefer2 12:33 04 Aug 2008

On the home page, this click here might help.

sinbads 13:15 04 Aug 2008

Look around on the bottom of the laptop for a screw . There might be more than one. Items like the harddrive, CD-ROM, memory, and miniPCI cards are generally, pretty easy to add and remove by simply sliding them out. They are held in with screws, though.

madalex24 13:34 04 Aug 2008

there is screws all around the base of the laptop but there is none directly under where the drive is. Does anyone have one and replaced it themselfs. please help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:52 04 Aug 2008

Why do you think it is broken?

madalex24 15:13 04 Aug 2008

i dropped it so i know it isnt working.

alexgray104 15:19 04 Aug 2008

On the older laptops like the Compaq N-Series and Dell D-Series, the drives were hotswappable, but on most of the laptops PCWorld sell, the drives are fixed, making them considerably harder to replace. You might have to remove the keyboard and base plastics to get the the drive, and then search on the internet for a matching part number to replace it with.

sinbads 15:26 04 Aug 2008

open the drive you may find the screw there you may have to use a pin /paperclip to open the drive look at the side of the slot you may find it there

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:37 04 Aug 2008

A remove then refit may cure it as dropping the laptop may have just jarred the connection loose.

One of my laptops has a drive that is removed by flipping a small catch next to the drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?