I want a program removed how do I go about it

golfpro 15:51 04 Feb 2009

Some time ago I subscribed to a telephone web site JaJah. Lately I have been getting lots of spam from them, but I can't find a way of removing the program from my computer. Its not listed in the software, So how do I get rid of it. Contacting the support of the company produces nothing. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

eedcam 15:54 04 Feb 2009

According to this there is no software.Probably a load of cookies though
JAJAH - web-activated telephonyJAJAH - Web-activated telephony in a click! No download, no installation

golfpro 05:18 05 Feb 2009

OK I realize this, but how do I stop JAJAH from interfering with my posts on forums for instance any numbers that appear are underlined in purple also tag lines underneath a post contain all sorts of info from JAJAH. How are they getting into my computer to do this, is it through my cookies or my email address. There must be some way of deleting JAJAH from my computer, BUT how.

eedcam 05:38 05 Feb 2009

At a guess cookies or malware Have you run a scan with say super anti spy ware And looked at your cookies or deleted them.

birdface 06:35 05 Feb 2009

Have you tried Start.Search and typed in the name of what you are trying to find.

golfpro 08:00 05 Feb 2009

I'm not sure but I think I have found out why I was getting the problems with my posts. FireFox has a plugin for JAJAH (unbeknown to me) which I have now disabled in the addons sec., It seems to have cured this I will have to wait and see if anything else crops up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?