I want popups!!!

TonyGTI 13:24 19 Aug 2006

The our PC when accessing several websites (no real pattern) blocks popups, despite pop-up blocker in XP being turned off. If you turn it of and on, or on and off then sometimes multiple (3 or 4) clicking on an icon can sometimes bring up the popup.

As good example is tesco's web site when lookig at an item and want additional information so click on the i button, says popup blocked??? This site is not blocked.

Stuartli 13:47 19 Aug 2006

If you have Internet Explorer got to Tools.Internet Options>Privacy tab>uncheck Pop Up Blocker.

In Firefox go to Tools>Options>Contents tab and unchick Block Pop Ups.

Pineman100 13:59 19 Aug 2006

If you're a regular Google user (and who isn't?)or use Google as your home page, are you sure you haven't got Google's popup blocker, too?

Have a look at the Google header bars - have you got a bar that includes a button marked "XXX blocked" (where XXX is a number)?

If so, just click the button whenever you visit a website whose popups you want to allow in future.

vinnyT 14:01 19 Aug 2006

In opera

-Tools

-Quick Preferences

-Choose either; open all pop-ups
open pop-ups in background
block unwanted pop-ups
block all pop-ups

The one I use is block unwanted pop-ups, if I click on a link within a page that leads to a pop-up it is opened, but if a page tries to open one on its own, it is blocked.

rodriguez 14:39 19 Aug 2006

You could also try holding Ctrl down before clicking the link that you want to pop up, as this temporarily allows pop ups through. This is useful for sites that need pop ups for forms and don't use them for adverts.

TonyGTI 20:24 19 Aug 2006

Thanks for the advice. This forum is just great!!!

vinnyT 12:21 20 Aug 2006

Welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?