I want a new Motherboard but...

Salamander7 15:18 06 Apr 2014

I have a midi tower system but would like to upgrade because it is too old to run Win 7 or above and Win XP support is now over. I plan to replace the motherboard,processor and ram. My problem is that whenever I search for Mother boards they are always ATX micro. I dont want a micro board because it will not fit my case. Am I missing something somewhere? Is it still possible to purchase ATX motherboards which are not micro ATX?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:34 06 Apr 2014

What sort of spec are you looking for? and whats your budget?

Sonds like you need to purchase a motherboard bundle from the likes of novatech or dabs

Salamander7 15:41 06 Apr 2014

Yes you are correct. I have searched Dabs till I lost patience when everything seemed to be ATX micro. Budget around hundred to two two hundred. I would like it to be 64 bit as well as having USB 3

Jollyjohn 15:53 06 Apr 2014

Why will micro ATX not fit your case? ATX is bigger, usually because they have an extra 3 expansion slots over a micro ATX board.

Have a look at 3000rpm, a Dundee based firm that do upgrade bundles and barebones computers eg -click here

Mr Mistoffelees 23:03 06 Apr 2014

An ATX case will also accomodate Mini ATX and Micro ATX motherboards. ATX motherboards for AMD and Intel, on Dabs here. Plenty available elsewhere too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?