i want to build a Music site

edgarwk 12:38 29 Nov 2006

Please guys out there, am an african IT student who is on a web design project. i have decided to build a site similar to youtube that will only accept people load and watch local music videos from my region east africa. But my problem is how to start the whole project. I want the viewers to post comments,have personal emails on this site. please guide me on what requirements i may need to build such a site.

acsmanhtml12 16:47 29 Nov 2006

right, XHTML 1.1 Strict doctype. CSS for design view. XHTML for layout (front-end). Backend PHP/MySQL with a lot of bandwidth on your server. I would reocmmend some simple rules for posters which needs somethign like PHPBB. As for the videos are they going to be hosted by you? Are people going to link to them? PHP/MySQL is a must for a site like that. Your going to need to spend hours on the site, months even. Create a few mash-ups first. Take a look at You Tube and see if you can fugure stuff out. As always good luck and contact me if you need any more help or go to my design blog click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?