I-Tunes problem

ChasNoel 15:03 04 Aug 2010

I have been using I-Tunes for several years but recently when trying to download the latest version 9 it would not load. Then I noticed that the shortcut on my desktop had vanished. I tried to downloan I-tunes again from the Apple website but it failed. I keep gettin a message that I do not have it. I tried to remove it completely from my PC but got a message that it cannot be found. There is a helpline number but it is in the USA. Can anyone help please?

The Kestrel 15:36 04 Aug 2010

Try uninstalling using revo-uninstaller, the free version click here. If that doesn't work try checking in your windows program files for left over bits of the previous version, which can be deleted before trying a fresh installation of iTunes.

john bunyan 15:40 04 Aug 2010

Suggest you uninstall, then reinstall - see here:
click here
Your music should be safe, but suggest you back it up anyway.

john bunyan 15:44 04 Aug 2010

Or this for Windows 7:

click here

ChasNoel 17:15 04 Aug 2010

I have Windows XP and have now downloaded revo-uninstaller which removed over 4000 files from my computer but NOT I-Tunes. I keep getting the same message "This programme is not where it should be" i.e. I-tunes.msi. I certainly cannot find it although I did appear to have 4 downloads which might account for the updates I have accepted over the last couple of years. Anyway I am back to square one. Any other ideas?

gengiscant 17:25 04 Aug 2010

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?