I-Tunes

ChasNoel 17:08 02 Dec 2010

I have had problems with I-Tunes for some time an d my attempts to remove it from my PC and then download a new version have met with no success. I reverted to using my laptop but when I tried to load some Christmas tunes onto it nothing happened. I then got a message saying that my I-pod was corrupted and I could try again or restore it. I tried again - no joy. Restoring it means that I will lose aboud 12 hours of music. Attempts to remove it from my desktop using the Add/Remove facility leads to a message saying that "I-Tunes.msi" cannot be found. Any advice would be appreciated

Pineman100 17:21 02 Dec 2010

Scroll down this page: click here, then click on Removing iTunes. You'll see that they recommend removing a number of other items at the same time.

If you still have no success, this may be because your partial uninstall left you with a corrupt iTunes. It may be best to fully reinstall it, then uninstall it again as described on the Apple page.

Pineman100 17:23 02 Dec 2010

By the way, I suggest that you fully back up all your music files before you do anything else.

ChasNoel 14:51 03 Dec 2010

Thank you for your information, I have now deleted Quicktime and Safari but the computer still tells me that it cannot find I-Tunes. Apple will not load a new version as it tells me that I already have I-Tunes 10. HELP!!!!

gengiscant 14:54 03 Dec 2010

Have a look here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?