i tunes

collinsc 11:20 25 Aug 2007

a few months back i bought a CD abnout flash- it had this itunes thing on it and asked if i wanted to add all my tunes to the itune library. i thought "why not- that way ill have it in 2 formats".
did not think much about it until now ive got my new laptop and when you click on the file it wont play it because it is M4A.

Thing is- i could STILL play all these tracks on my old laptop through windows media player aswell-so maybe it was on BOTH formats? now ive transferred all music i can only see it in W4A format.

any suggestions?

collinsc 16:18 25 Aug 2007

So surely if i could play them on my old laptop- i should be able to play them on my new one...

perhaps somewhere they are still on my old laptop in windows media player format?

brundle 16:19 25 Aug 2007

Install ITunes on the new PC; click here

collinsc 17:00 25 Aug 2007

thanks. so then ill be abvle to play them through the media player?

how does that work then?

collinsc 18:24 25 Aug 2007

i understand that if i doenload the itune player i can play i tune formatted songs using it.
but i dont understand how windows media player will then play it...

if it does then why do i need to download i tunes...

not saying you are wroing at all... im just trying to learn...

thanks

Kate B 19:09 25 Aug 2007

You can play pretty much any format with iTunes - though not sure about WMA. You can have any number of music players on your machine, they don't affect the music files themselves.

collinsc 19:41 25 Aug 2007

thanks kate

this is what im saying... i only have windows media player not i tunes media player..

so either a)i copied my windows tunes to the itunes library and therefpre i STILL have all the windopws media player versions SOMEWHERE on my old laptop
or b) the i tunes on my old laptop were played via the 'i tunes' media centre (yes?)
which they didnt... they were played on windows...

or am i wrong again!?

collinsc 19:41 25 Aug 2007

media player not i tunes media player..

so either a)i copied my windows tunes to the itunes library and therefpre i STILL have all the windopws media player versions SOMEWHERE on my old laptop
or b) the i tunes on my old laptop were played via the 'i tunes' media centre (yes?)
which they didnt... they were played on windows...

or am i wrong again!?

User-312386 19:55 25 Aug 2007

click here for itunes and then scan computer with it and play your music

Job done

collinsc 12:14 26 Aug 2007

cheers madboy- i still dont really get it- but ill dl it!

collinsc 14:25 26 Aug 2007

help!
ive dl it and started to convert all the tunes - i have about 2000
after 30 minutes the C drive was FULL!

How can i correct this!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017