I removed TV card while Laptop on-now nothing

per4mer 12:06 23 Dec 2005

Help I have an Acer 2023 laptop & was useing a TV card when I went to adjust the card & the lap top went off!! It will not fire up- no lights nothing absolutly flat dead. There is heat underneath but I dont think more than usual. The clock has stop& fixed on the time it happened just to rum salt in the wound. Any help with suggestions would be gra8ful.
Per4mer

octal 12:46 23 Dec 2005

I hate to say it but I think you've done some serious damage. Have you tried removing the TV card to see if the computer boots?

PaulB2005 13:14 23 Dec 2005

"It will not fire up- no lights nothing absolutly flat dead"

"The clock has stop& fixed on the time it happened "

Bit lost here. Is the laptop on or not? What clock?

De Marcus™ 13:31 23 Dec 2005

Some acer models have a small digital clock lcd on the front of the machine, I presume this is what is being referred too.

De Marcus™ 13:37 23 Dec 2005

you can just make it out from this screen print of my screensaver click here

per4mer 13:53 23 Dec 2005

Hi Thanks for the speedy response. The good news here is I decided to take a look at the `accessable compartments` I removed the battery 1st then checked the memory compartment,hard disk bay,mini pci slot for damage and could see no sign of `damage at all` put it back together inserted the bat` & realized the LCD clock on the lcd clock had gone out because of the Bat` removel,curiosity caused me to attempt anther try and `the gods must have been with`it all fire up ,working as though nothing had happened all files in tact ect: Removing the bat` must have reset it all, is it possible that it had `froze` on. I dont know but thank you all for the fast responce this might happen to some else I hope not its quite frightening, considering the kid gloves I use when handleing this baby.
once again a BIG Thanks PC Adviser`s.

Pidder 14:21 23 Dec 2005

Dare I say a good kick sometimes works wonders - is this the origin of the term "boot"?

Gongoozler 16:49 23 Dec 2005

I think some logic device had got confused and removing the battery acted as a master reset reverting everything to it's initial condition. I had a rather similar situation when I unplugged a slave hard drive while the computer was switched on. I thought I had seriously damaged something, but after removing the power for a few minutes all was OK again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?